At Kiltale farm we have three donkeys named Neddy, Freddy and Winnie, a baby donkey Toby, kid goats, Connemara ponies, pet lambs, hens, ducks, geese and other animals. There is also a playground – swings, slides, sand pit, etc.
We are running a farm camp from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. daily for children aged 4 to 12. The charge is Euro 75.00 per week.
- Farm tour and nature walk: count the cattle, milk and feed the goats, pick wild flowers and learn the names of the different varieties of trees in the hedgerows. Watch farmer Micheál hand milk our two cows Bella and Lucy
- Flower arranging.
- Designing and decorating flowerpots. Plant your own flower in the pot.
- Donkey rides.
- Baking: Bake a tasty treat.
- Gardening: Learn the art of gardening by preparing a vegetable plot and plant some seeds and flowers
- Glass painting.
- Pony riding: staff will lead the pony – riding helmet and back protector must be worn and will be provided.
- There’s also a surprise in store for all the children on the last day!!
The camp is run by two primary school teachers. The children will be fully supervised at all times. Our main aim is to give all children maximum attention by keeping the camp numbers small. We intend to spend most of the time outdoors (weather permitting), allowing the children to soak up the fresh air and farm atmosphere.
Course Dates: Week 1 10/07/17
Week 3 31/07/17
Week 4 07/08/17
For further information please phone 046-9436679 or E-mail: